Trauma Consultation – Peer Group Meeting for Pro Bono Counseling Mental Health Clinicians
- Monthly meetings through a virtual platform. The third Thursday of each month from 7:00 – 8:00 PM.
- Open to Pro Bono Counseling volunteers. Limited spaces available due to demand.
- If interested, email PBC Outreach Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about availability to join.
- Led by Bethan McGarry , LCSW-C, a Pro Bono Counseling volunteer since 2022
- Bio: Bethan McGarry (she/they) is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, enthusiastic Baltimore City resident, and committed lifelong learner. Bethan has worked in settings from elementary school to in-patient psychiatry unit, and through in-depth experience in crisis care feels strongly that trauma-informed and person-centered connection is a vital path to healing at both an individual and a structural level. Bethan is committed to providing unconditional regard and a growth mindset in their therapeutic partnership, and enjoys supporting adolescents, adults, couples, and families in navigating life transitions and periods of adjustment. They strive to provide culturally responsive care to a wide range of individuals seeking counseling support. Bethan is committed to anti-racist, anti-oppressive, and LGBTQ-affirming care and brings both a systems-analysis and spiritual lens to therapeutic work. Bethan enjoys YA fiction, crossword puzzles, and coffee shops within walking distance, and has been gratefully involved with PBC since fall 2022 as a volunteer clinician, trauma consult group participant, and now peer group co-facilitator.