Pro Bono Counseling Project
2021 Professional Continuing Education Online Webinar
Caring for Caregivers
Addressing the Evolving Needs of Caregivers
Tuesday, June 8 2021, from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Online Workshop – Two (2) CE Credits
FREE for Active PBCP Volunteer Clinicians
Featured Presenter: Eve Escalante, MSW, LCSW
Course Description: This workshop will provide mental health providers with guidance on how to approach caregivers in their practice. Presentation will include common issues for caregivers, caregiver health and mental health, logistics involved in caring for caregivers, and how to integrate an environmental perspective into your practice with caregivers.
At the end of this presentation, the participant will:
- Identify prevalence of caregivers in the US and common challenges they may encounter.
- Describe common reasons why a caregiver may engage in mental health services and discuss how to engage caregivers.
- Discuss how the pandemic has heightened issues facing caregivers.
- Explain how social determinants of health and other environmental factors for caregivers are of particular importance in therapeutic process.
- Identify relevant issues for caregiver sub-groups such as children and diverse communities.
Eve Escalante, LCSW is a Clinical Social Worker and Manager of Program Innovation with Social Work and Community Health at Rush University Medical Center. In her role, Eve provides oversight of expansion of evidence-based care social care models into communities with significant social needs. Eve has experience in providing care to adults, older adults and caregivers with chronic disease, disability and/or terminal illness. She also has experience in providing clinical supervision in individual and group formats. She received her BSW from Loyola University Chicago in 2005 and her MSW from Loyola University Chicago in 2007.
Workshop registrants will receive a code prior to the webinar to log on to Zoom and participate in the online session.